The launch of GEEIS-SDG in New York City was a two-step process:
- Morning at a CSW side event organized by the CEDAW Committee and UNWomen.
- The afternoon at the French Embassy to the United Nations in New York. It was also an opportunity to present the GEEIS trophy to Danone, to launch the Arborus USA Club and to promote INDEX equality.
Ambassador Francois Delattre expressed his enthusiasm for Arborus' very concrete and promising initiatives.
Nicole Ameline, Vice President of the United Nations CEDAW Committee, who supports Arborus' initiatives and strongly promotes the SDGs and their link to gender equality, will be a member of the GEEIS-SDGs jury,
Diana Gutteriez, from the UNDP, will also be a member of the jury and affirmed the importance of the involvement of the private sector in international development policies through the objective of gender equality.
Cristina Lunghi and Anne Claire Berg, DANONE, illustrated the practical details of these implementations on the ground.
- Read Cristina Lunghi's speech at the United Nations
- see the pictures of the side event at the United Nations
- see the pictures at the French Embassy to the United Nations in NY